12Ghosts 99 (2.0) History
12Ghosts Newest History
New in 12Ghosts 99.9 - 8/19/99
- All: Changes in the 12Ghosts Help.
New in 12Ghosts 99.7 - 7/2/99
- ShutDown repaired: /BootNT:N now boots into all available NT
boot menu entries.
- ShutDown added: /DefaultNT:N
changes the default NT boot menu option, supports /s for silent. By adding a shortcut with
this parameter in the Startup group, you can restore the default after using /BootNT:N.
- ShutDown repaired: When rebooting to MS-DOS under certain
conditions the system could have locked - problem solved.
- ShutDown: when initiating the shut down process via command
line, only one tray icon appears blinking.
- ShutDown displays a list of parameters when called up with /?
- ShutDown pops up a dialog box if a parameter is entered that
is not recognized.
- All: Saving General Options should be working again normally in
- All: Several minor improvements.
New in 12Ghosts 99.6 - 5/27/99
- All: Maintenance, slight changes in the license scheme.
New in 12Ghosts 99.5 - 5/5/99
- 2ndBackup: Better resource management with stabilization time. Pause menu command.
- 2ndBackup should open faster when started through the Explorer
context menu command.
- 2ndBackup no longer removes the Startup shortcut at shutdown.
- ProfileCopy now supports /save and /restore command line
- Quick: Added commands: Stop All
Ghosts, Start All Tray Ghosts, accepts command line options /startall and
- ShowTime registry option to start
any program rather than just ClipNotes, for
example, PACT Notepad.
- ShowTime time-date window now supports dual monitors.
- ClipNotes also supports upper-case hyperlinks.
- Timer: further improvements in snooze
- Timer restarts a snoozing reminder also after having been
stopped or even if Windows has been rebooted!
- Timer supports the registry value
"StopTimerAfterNextStart". You can launch a program at a certain time and then
let PACT Timer stop it if you are running low on resources.
- All: Corrections in help file, the Web hyperlinks should work
- All Ghosts now support dual
- All: Several internal changes for higher
- All: Tested also on Windows 98 Second Edition and Windows NT
2000 Beta 3.
New in 12Ghosts 99.2c - 3/5/99
Quick now supports quick
ShellX now copies file
All: problem solved on Windows
95/98 with certain sound drivers. Occasionally all sounds could have been muted. If you
don't have problems with sounds you don't need this update.
New in 12Ghosts 99.2b - 2/18/99
ClipNotes with new option
"Clipboard to TEXT ONLY"! This works in any application, whenever you copy text
to the clipboard all formatting is removed!
ShowTime new features in
- Click on the world times to highlight the times most important for
- To start the countdown just click on the countdown scale number.
ShowTime now handles a
question mark in Internet links correctly.
ShowTime world times 12/24
hour format corrected.
All: Minor enhancements in
stability and usability.
New in 12Ghosts 99.2a (Beta) - 2/2/99
Help: New 150 pages
"real" Windows help
Context help: right-click on a control, press F1, or
use the question mark (?) in the title bar to get help on every control.
Download size reduced by more than 400 KB!
Several enhancements to speed up the overall
General: Apply all General settings to all 12Ghosts at
General: Apply same animation to all 12Ghosts.
General: Save now remembers the path last saved to.
General: Once started the Ghosts had not checked the
shortcut options. Now the Ghosts create or delete shortcuts in the Start and Programs
menu, desktop and Startup folder accordingly.
Setup: 2ndBackup did not
close the sound module on Win95/98 if closed by setup. The effect was that the CPU was
used 100% and users had the feeling that the Ghosts were slow or didn't work very well
(like JumpReg). Resolved.
Update Now connected to General Options, FlyingIcon(TM), hotkey to
access the desktop and minimize all windows.
Timer now responds to changes
of the PC's time and date.
DeskTOP now gets notified
when SL restores the layout
All: Many, many corrections
and enhancements in detail.
New in 12Ghosts 99.1e - 1/25/99
double-start issue found! If a timer was fired too early (inaccurate timing of Windows
95/98, not NT, can be more than 10 seconds in 24 hours) a recurring timer could have been
issued a second time, still before the true start time. This has been taken care of.
If two or more recurring timers were scheduled at the
same time only one really started. Corrected.
New in 12Ghosts 99.1d - 12/18/98
Timer, ShowTime, SL, and DeskTOP: did not start on some Windows
95 systems without Service Release 1 installed. Resolved.
Setup: All Ghosts are now stopped before setup to make sure
updated files can be copied.
ShutDown executed by hotkey, will now do the default tasks even
if Ctrl was pressed too.
ClipNotes: when auto-saving is on, the window position is also
New in 12Ghosts 99.1c - 12/14/98
All: DirectX (ddraw.dll) is no longer required for
the 12Ghosts since some older Win95 systems don't have DirectX installed.
JumpReg Major Update New list
technology for unlimited entries! Supports Jump-to-Values: just add the value name after a
double-backslash. Does not close RegEdit before every jump. Get current key, jump to key
in clipboard, close on jump, jump to same key under CU or LM.
ShutDown was crashing if no boot.ini is found and the menu
command "Boot into this OS" is selected. This has been corrected.
Timer In the settings window it was not possible to right click
and paste into an edit box at a certain position. Corrected.
DeskTOP: focus set correctly when activated by Alt+Tab
New in 12Ghosts 99.1b - 11/26/98
All: Four animations for all windows (optional)
2ndBackup Major Update Animated tray
notification icon, sound confirmation during copy, Explorer menu entry optional, also
connected to General Options, FlyingIcon(TM).
JumpReg with general options for icons and startup
New in 12Ghosts 99.1a - 11/12/98
SaveLayout Major Update Keep every change
of your desktop icon layout automatically. Automatic restore on move of taskbar or
resolution switching! Tray notification icon, commands to hide or minimize all windows
Update Now with graphics cached to open faster, 12 additional
commands to access the desktop, hide or minimize all windows, clear history lists, start
screen saver, initiate standby, shutdown, restart, power off, log off, restart shell, and
start all 12Ghosts!
ShowTime context help delay time corrected.
DeskTOP now restarts on taskbar icon switching.
New in 12Ghosts 99.1 - 10/29/98
ShutDown, Timer and ShowTime now support saving of all user defined settings, a
comfortable way to secure your carefully selected options!
ShutDown Major Update Terminate programs
not responding automatically with two additional time-outs!
- initiate standby
- start screen saver
- play sound while shutting down
- eject CDs
- clear history lists
ShutDown - Screen Saver Ghostlet New Lock Workstation and start screen saver simultaneously! Nutek
power management, even in NT! Change screen saver, stop it per scheduler, start with
password protection, set time-out within seconds (!), enable/disable screen saver,
set/reset password protection, or easily initiate standby mode.
12Ghosts 98 (1.0) History